Can you drive a mile without any fuel? No! It is nearly improbable to run a small business without the money that is supposed to cover your daily expenses – working capital. One in a while, every business needs a dose of funds to pay the building rent, manage payroll, and cover renovation and remodeling expenses. It is hard to secure the best funding option with a poor credit score because lenders prefer to eradicate the risky candidates. With bad credit, you can’t just storm into the bank and demand the most affordable funding option. A chance of rejection is higher! Lucky for you, alternative lending companies entertain small business with bad credit and offer a working capital loan. Before we give away the golden tips, let’s explore the working capital loan and its uses.
What is a working capital loan?
When you subtract your current assets from current liabilities, you get the exact working capital. In a layman, your current asset is any value of your business that will turn into the cash by the end of the year. And current liabilities account for anything that you owe to vendors or other agencies. Working capital keeps you in check; basically, it is a friendly reminder that gives you updates on how much money you need to carry out the daily operations smoothly. Often small businesses fail to produce enough resources to keep the wheels turning. In this scenario, a working capital loan can offer something you need.
Take advantage of a working capital loan in the following ways:
- Buy anything that your business requires! Whether it is a new set of tables and chairs for the new employees or you need to purchase land for business expansion. These purchases are essential for the increase of the business so, don’t let these opportunities pass and use the funds from the loan to purchase whatever is necessary.
- Mend the broken parts! Working Capital Loan is an ideal funding option for repairing broken machinery. A machine can break down anywhere and anytime, so it is crucial to have some extra cash in your back pocket to get instant fixes.
- Pay your employees on time! No one likes to work for free; employees need recognition from the employer. A large sum of money, dedicated to the salaries of the employees, is hard to gather sometimes! Don’t wait for the next check to come in and pay your employees from the funds of working capital loan.
- Small businesses can use working capital loans to optimize cash flow. Will you be able to cover expenses, pay all the vendors, buy utilities, and lease equipment with decent cash flow? Harmonize all the expenses and use the working capital loan.
- Your product or service is invisible without proper advertising and marketing. Make sure your customers are getting a precise knowledge of your business; the only way to achieve this goal is to advertise your product on proper channels. So, use the money to get the best deal in the market.
Now, that we have explored a working capital loan and how can you use it to grow your business. Let’s work on your application now! Thinking about getting a bad credit working capital loan from a bank is a no-no! On the other hand, alternative lenders can help in this matter. Focus on the following tips to seal the best deal.
- Assemble all the important paper.
The lending criteria vary from the lender to the lender; it depends on the type of loan. In this case, if you need a working capital loan from a traditional lender, you have to provide a long list of the financial documents. The traditional lenders are interested in your tax return documents from all of your previous business-related endeavors. Along with previous and current financial documents showing debt-to-equity ratio and any other financial document that can help lenders evaluate your worth as a business manager.
In addition to this, applying for a working capital loan by any alternative lender is a piece of cake. They don’t ask for a loaded file, they only ask for a few documents. They are looking for the bank statement, credit score report, profit & loss statement, business license and they need proof that you are the owner of the business and both borrower and lender belongs to the same state.
- Cook a strategic and realistic business plan.
Your excited and optimistic words and verbatim is of no use to the lender. They need a well-executed business plan and that in the paper; they don’t have a machine to suck ideas out of your brain. The first and foremost part of a good business plan is to have an executive summary so that your lender knows what you aim to accomplish. Add your company’s description, including the information about the targeted audience. Along with this, add the breakdown of your company’s products and services along with a competent sales strategy. Make sure your business plan is achieving your original idea.
- Show them you are blooming and flourishing every second.
One of the major concerns of the lenders will be the borrower be able to pay back the loan on time. As compared to traditional lenders, alternative lenders pay more attention to the growth factor. Offer your company’s timeline to them and demonstrate how much you have grown over the years. Lenders invest in projects that have the capacity to grow and are determined to flourish.
- Tell, not ask!
Whenever you pay a visit to the lender, make sure you are the one giving the number – loan amount – to the lender. Don’t ask the bank to give you a rough estimate of the working capital. Crunch some numbers and find the working capital and working capital ratio. Lenders want to know how serious you are about your loan, don’t go unprepared. If you borrow more than you need, then you will be stuck making repayments, halfheartedly. On the contrary, if you get insufficient funds, you will end up applying for the loan again and again. Eventually, hurting your credit score.
Give yourself enough time to prepare before actually applying for a small business loan. Visit all the banks and lending companies that are offering working capital loan and compare the interest rate and payment terms. The market research will help you negotiate and get the better deal of all.
- Get everything fixed!
The best way to fix any financial problem is before applying for the loan, not after. Preparation and planning require a lot of time and dedication, so now is the moment where you get to work. Also, save some time to conduct research as well because the market is flooding with funding and financing options.
Some types of Bad Credit Working Capital Loans
- Equipment Leasing: If you need to purchase a piece of equipment, and you don’t have enough funds to support it, then this is the best funding option.
- Invoice Factoring: This funding option gives you a remarkable chance to convert unpaid invoices in cash. You get funding without offering any collateral because you are not borrowing any amount from the lender.
- Merchant Cash Advance: Lender offers you money, and then he takes a chunk out of your ongoing credit card sales. MCA is an instant solution to short-term financial problems.
- Lines of credit: It provides access to the revolving credit; the lender can tap into his business account whenever he needs funds to carry out daily operations.
All the essential information about working capital loan is in front of you, starting from the uses, tips to secure a bad credit working capital, and then its types. All things considered, getting a working capital loan for your business can help you remedy your financial position, but you have to take certain measures to improve your credit. The best solution is to try your best to make the repayments on time because with a good credit score you will have to the most affordable funding option and solution by banks, credit unions, and alternative lender. And the last thing to do before you sign any document is to ask yourself the following questions:
– Why do I need a working capital loan?
– How will I utilize the funds from this loan?
– Can I run my small business without the funds from the business loan?
– Will I be able to make the repayments on time?
These questions will help you to evaluate and assess your financial needs and current financial position. Anyway, for now, you need a working capital loan to set the motion, so head over to our website and apply for a working capital loan. For more information about small business loans and hacks to improve the credit score, you can follow us on Facebook (@Onlinecheck) and Twitter (@Onlinecheck). If you have any question, feel free to call us on our toll-free number at (833) 827-4412, our loyal and keen financial advisor will answer every question and guide you throughout the way.